Submissions open for the summer issue of Writer’s Muse Magazine
The Writer’s Muse Page is a Facebook page created by my friend, Richard Cotton, for writers and aspiring writers to meet, network, and offer critiques of one another’s work. With a simple description:
“The Writer’s Muse Page is a group where writers can share with and support one another. Any writers are welcome to join this group.”
This group has grown since it started last year, to over 500 writers. I was one of the first dozen or so writers involved with the group, and in fact am a co-admin. Richard is the one who created the group, and mostly responsible for its growth. I just add people who request adding. Well, that’s not all I do: I’m also the editor/publisher of the group’s eMagazine, Writer’s Muse Magazine.
The first issue of Writer’s Muse Magazine came out in December 2012, and the idea was to have the magazine come out every two months; unfortunately, my father passed away January 3, 2013 and we never did have the February 2013 issue we planned. Now that things are on a more even keel in my life, we are relaunching the magazine, and we are looking for submissions.
- July 7, 2013 is the submission deadline for the Summer Edition of Writer’s Muse Magazine. The deadline coincides with the deadlines for two current Writer’s Muse Page contests, the 500 or the 5,000 Word Contest, and the Writing and Poem Contest. The contest winners will be highlighted in the magazine, and all entrants into the contest will be considered for the magazine, but you DO NOT have to enter in the contest to submit to the magazine.
- You MUST be a member of the Writer’s Muse Page in order to be published in Writer’s Muse Magazine. Membership is FREE, but you have to have a Facebook account to join – you can join by asking to join at this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/writersmusepage/
- We can’t offer any payment for publishing you. The magazine is free, and advertising free, and we don’t get any money for it, nor can we pay anyone for it.
- We will be accepting poetry of any length, illustrated short stories and comics of up to 5 pages, and short stories of 500 to 5000 words in length.
- Not previously published works get preference, but we will consider publishing previously published works – please indicate if your work was previously published, and where.
- You retain all rights to your work.
How To Enter:
Enter by posting your work and whether or not it has been published here.